Sunday, December 4, 2011

Pumpkin Pancakes


A few weeks ago, I made these pumpkin puff pancakes. They were a lot of work, and in all honesty, they didn't even taste that great. A lot of work for pancakes that were only okay...not something I would do twice.

So today, I made these pancakes. I made a few changes to the recipe. They were much easier and very delicious...a total win and I will definitely make them again.

Here is the recipe I made:
1 cup flour
3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup pumpkin
2 tbsp brown sugar
1/4 tsp each allspice and ground cloves
1/2 tsp each cinnamon and nutmeg
1 tsp vanilla
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
dash of salt
1 egg

Mix everything together and cook over medium heat.

I served them with cinnamon honey butter. I put one on the baby's high chair tray to lure him into the seat, and I turned around again about 10 seconds later and half the pancake was gone...shoved into his mouth. When I took the second half of it away, he acted like I was planning on starving him.

There were no leftovers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment