Saturday, November 26, 2011

Teething, Round Two


I don't know why I thought it would be easier.

Teething is teething, right? If I had a hard and sharp object pushing through my sweet virgin gums, it would hurt, right? Turns out, round two of teething sucks just as much as the first round.

I've heard people say things like, "I had no idea little Janie was teething. She just woke up one day with a tooth...she never complained at all." These people need to shut the f--- up. 'Cause I am here to tell you that when you know your child is teething, it flipping sucks.

There is the week or two before you realize that's what the problem is. That week of whiny, crabby behavior and bad nights of sleep. Then you realize the poor child has red, swollen gums and an angry hole in his gum. Now you have all that unpleasant behavior served up next to a side dish of mommy guilt for not realizing it sooner. But at least now you know that baby Motrin can come to the rescue for at least some of the problem. And a nice glass of wine can help some too.

Seven teeth in...thirteen to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment