Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Post-partum Bodies

I gained 35 pounds while pregnant.

I was led to believe that through the magic of breastfeeding,, the weight would melt off. I'm here to call BS on that.

I did lose 20 pounds before coming home from the hospital, but I was so insanely swollen that most of that was fluid.

I lost another 3-4 pounds in the first few weeks and have held steady since then.

I am now officially trying to lose weight...excepting the chips and dips I ate last night after wrestling the baby to sleep. Salty snacks are my bugaboo, so I did congratulate myself on the strength I had in throwing out the remainder of the chips and dip this morning. That was doubly hard for me because I hate wasting food...it's the same thing as wasting money, and I am supremely cheap.

At the moment I have about 11-12 pounds to go to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight; my actual goal is to get at least 7 pounds under that weight.

Wish me luck!

I've also worked out for the fourth day in a row. My preferred method of exercise is walking, but it's been gray and rainy all week, so I've doing work out DVDs in my living room.

No comments:

Post a Comment